DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Roofing/Siding (
-   -   vent pipe (

Dibbledge 04-13-2011 02:10 PM

vent pipe
I have a vent pipe that comes through the roof that has a rubber section to it that has a hole. This is nailed to the roof by having a metal base to it and is partially covered by the roofing shingles. Is there some way to replace this rubber section, or perhaps covering over the damaged rubber, without removing and replacing the whole piece?

ratherbefishing 04-13-2011 10:30 PM

That's the flashing, or boot. Easy to replace. they have 'em at Home Depot. Carefully lift the shingles and slide the old one up, new one down. There're even a few Youtube videos on it.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1