Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-17-2011, 12:10 PM   #1

Share |

Use of Bedliner products to stop Roof Leaks

I have a bunch of leaks and I can't seem to fix them. (They aren't like a river when it rains, but just drip.....drip....drip) We've tried the spray foam, paint, even fiberglass. My husband is at his wits end. I almost bought that FLEX SEAL spray on rubber until I saw an average Joe on Fox demonstrate that it doesn't work. I have read many forums saying a spray-on truck bed liner is great and does the trick.

Can anyone confirm or deny this and if confirming, give me some names of products to try?

I heard Rhino, Herculiner and qwikliner.

Thanks a bunch.

famousredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:22 PM   #2
NACE Coating Inspector

what kind of roof material are you talking about? metal, torch down, asphalt shingles? i dont think that applying a bunch of goop is a good method for repairing a roof. the best way is to find what is causing the leak such as a nail backing out through or bad flashing and repair it correctly. maybe its time for a new roof.

mustangmike3789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:22 PM   #3
Tileguy

I've heard it is good on waffles also. Heard that, yes I did. Heard that on the Internet. Heard it on many forums so it must be true.

But have you heard it from any roofing companies? Have you seen it in any major roofing company ads? Has it been on the news? Maybe an ad in this month's issue of "Tough Truck Roofing Magazine".

Last edited by Bud Cline; 07-17-2011 at 01:00 PM. Reason: correcting absent minded stupidity
Bud Cline is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:39 PM   #4
the Musigician

ad = advertisement, add = 2+2 Bud.

DM
Old 07-17-2011, 01:03 PM   #5
Tileguy

Fixed it!

I guess you know when the mind of a genius shifts into high gear and begins to smoke simple little mistakes get overlooked. Thanks for the spelling lesson.

How about "Big Foot Roofing"? Or, "Ram Tough Shingling Company"?
Old 07-17-2011, 01:11 PM   #6
the Musigician

You were just concentrating too much on being a comedian and not enough on your spelling.

DM
Old 07-17-2011, 01:30 PM   #7
Tileguy

No it was my Spell Check that wasn't getting with the program. Aren't Spell Checks supposed to be mind-readers? Stupid Spell Check.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:40 PM   #8
the Musigician

That's why I like Opera browser, it DOES read minds and spell checks just fine!

DM
Old 07-17-2011, 02:16 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangmike3789 View Post
what kind of roof material are you talking about? metal, torch down, asphalt shingles? i dont think that applying a bunch of goop is a good method for repairing a roof. the best way is to find what is causing the leak such as a nail backing out through or bad flashing and repair it correctly. maybe its time for a new roof.

It's metal and it's only 5 yrs. old. No rust anywhere. Just a bad roofing job. We are trying to find one more Hail Mary and then we are calling a "Pro", which in Costa Rica is a joke. Everyone tells me to wait until the rain stops and they will come out and see what the problem is, but by that time "Manana" comes around and they get here, everything is all dried up and then we are told, they will come back when it rains. I'm telling you...a JOKE! So you are basically better off DIY!

famousredhead is offline   Reply With Quote