Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-15-2012, 10:31 AM   #1

Share |
undereave vents

My story in nutshell. My attic is improperly vented (see my previous thread/posts). My home builder dissolved; however, I was able to locate my blueprints from the architect and determined that the roofing company did not follow the blueprints.

The roofing company has agreed to come out and install the missing O’hagin T-tops on my roof. However, they will not add the needed under eave-vents (I have five, the blueprints show that I should have 12). They stated that they did not do the under-eave vents that it was the framers!?! How can I prove that they are telling the truth? What type of paperwork should they be able to provide me to show they were not responsible for installing the under-eave vents?

Is this correct? On a new build who puts in the under-eave vents the framers or the roofers? If the answer is framers does anyone have a suggestion of how I can find out who the framers were?
Thank you for any help that you can provide.

cp

cp31817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
Exterior Construction

undereave vents

Is the home siding?

If so, usually the siders would put those vents in.

Windows on Wash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #3

undereave vents

My house has both (photos in my album) some siding...but most of the home is stucco. Any idea of how to locate the framers?
cp
Old 05-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #4
Shut in w/o Home

undereave vents

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp31817 View Post
My house has both (photos in my album) some siding...but most of the home is stucco. Any idea of how to locate the framers?
cp
Is there a bar nearby?
seeyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #5

undereave vents

I can't think putting in eave vents would be all that difficult or costly.

Get a quote from the roofers while they are there. They don't sound like bad people. They could have fought you quite a bit and probably put it all on the builder.
forresth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:24 PM   #6

undereave vents

I plan on speaking to them once they send out another rep. I did not think that it would be very expensive. The funny thing is this all started from me wanting a whole house fan .
cp