DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Townhouse flat roof - Neighbor's contractor place huge weight of shingles on our roof

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  AaronB 
#1 · (Edited)
Help!Its my father's home, the poor man just finished getting another pacemaker installed due to his congestive heart failair and on his first morning back home, the entire house shaking wakes him up. He goes outside to see a crane placing roofing shingles on his roof. He asks the delivery company what is going on and the man tells him that he is only doing what he was told to do by the contractor. The contractor told him to drop the shingles for a neighbors roof on my father's roof. I am worred that the roof cannot take the weight as it has a few pretty bad leaks from damaged caused by the other neighbor's roof workers last year. How can I get these shingles off my dad's roof? Are roofers allowed to do that? - It's a "row house" set up with no committee. Unfortunately, the area the property is in is a lower income area and most properites are own by property management companies and rented out. I need to speak to the owner/contractor myself to handle the situation, but so far, they are MIA. Is it legal to take the shingle packages off my dad's roof and, to avoid conflict with the renters, place it in my dad's house? I don't want to steal, but I can't have his roof caving in on him.

#3 ·
If the contractor wont remove them, have the contractor and all of his employees that go to get those shingles from your dads roof arrested for trespassing unless he removes the shingles immediately.

The delivery company could also be at fault for this since they placed their products on unauthorized property.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.