DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Temp verses Hitachi NV-45AB2 Nailer

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  MJW 
#1 ·
I just purchased a NV-45AB2 nailer and the manual mentions that it should be kept in a warm environment before use in cold weather. How cold is too cold? I figure that the nailer will be used in 30 to 50 degree temps. Any advise or tricks?
Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
You won't have any problems. Used them in zero degree temps without a problem. We always bring the guns, hoses, and compressor in to warm if we leave in those temps, even if it's 1/2 hour.

Had compressors freeze, hoses freeze, but hardly ever have the guns froze.........although we do shingle rather quickly. :)

#4 ·
You won't have any problems. Used them in zero degree temps without a problem. We always bring the guns, hoses, and compressor in to warm if we leave in those temps, even if it's 1/2 hour.

Had compressors freeze, hoses freeze, but hardly ever have the guns froze.........although we do shingle rather quickly. :)

Hahahah - Not sure if that makes a difference in if it freezes or not but maybe it helps. I always try to remember to bring my compressor, gun and hose inside the the garage the night before shingling so it doesnt freeze up. Compressors that are cold are such a hassle to get started.

#5 ·
The faster you shingle, the less chance you have of moisture freezing in the lines. It also keeps the compressor warm because it runs more often. Good, warm gun oil helps alot also.

We have even ran the compressor inside of a pickup with it running just to keep it warm. This was in instances where we forgot to put the compressor in when we went to lunch. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.