Tar And Gravel Replacement - Roofing/Siding - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-15-2009, 04:02 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

Tar and Gravel Replacement

Hello all, My name is Kyle, and I recently bought a 1953 home in Las Vegas. The roof is not flat, but does have a low slope. It is tar and gravel. (mostly tar) Over the years, it seems past owners patched and repatched the tar. Now the tar is very thick. Its even taller than the flashing, so every time it rains, it rains gravel. I have a couple leaks, so I want to reroof. I am one of those period weirdos though, so I would like to keep the look of the tar and gravel. What is the best way to go about this? Should I just cut the roof off in segments and check the supports while I'm at it? And how do you work around the air conditioner?

Advertisement

LVswingsthething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:20 AM   #2
Commercial Roofing

Rewards Points: 500

Tar and Gravel Replacement

Hire a roofing contractor that specializes in Built Up Roofing (BUR)

Advertisement

Seamless Polyurea Roofing Membranes for Metal Roofing, Roof Leak Repair, Seamless Commercial Spray Foam Insulation, Seamless Commercial Roofing, SPF Roofing, Industrial Insulation, Our trucks are red but our roofing is GREEN!
AaronB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roofing , tar and gravel