DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Roofing/Siding (
-   -   Standing Seam Roof - Trim Question (

jpleasants2 09-10-2006 04:32 PM

Standing Seam Roof - Trim Question
We will be installing a new standing Seam roof, a newbie at this.

Can someone explain where Rake trim goes, as opposed to Eave trim.

what are the differences between these two items.


joasis 09-10-2006 05:31 PM

Rake trim is on the gable ends, and makes the transition from roof panels to the vertical trim. Eave trim is on the eaves of the roof, at the ends of the panels, and protects the fascia or "trims" the facia. Are you really prepared for this task? SSR installs are not typically a DIY project and I would strongly suggest you seek some expert advice in your area, or mke sure you understand the installation process...the company that sold you the material should be able to advise you. Good luck.

RooferJim 09-11-2006 05:15 PM

It goes on the Rake.


now seriously folks the rake edge is the gable.

woodboy 02-23-2009 12:25 PM

Drip Edge cover both parts of roof
I had drip edge cut so that it can overlap both the eaves and gables. I can also lock the standing tin down on the the eaves and also on the gable ends as well.

tinner666 02-23-2009 12:43 PM

The panels get locked on rakes and eaves the same. Check out this other thread.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.