Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-08-2005, 08:21 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

SPF Foam Roofing on Gables?

Hello All,

I'm needing to re-roof my house and have read a lot of good things online about SPF foam roofing. I'm reading that it's lightweight, durable and a thorough moisture and heat seal. However, when I talk to contractors I'm getting mixed information about whether or not foam roofing is appropriate for a roof with gables. The small gables on my house are about at a 45 degree angle and amount to maybe 150 square feet. I'm aware that foam would resemble a layer of snow and could hurt the 'curb-appeal' were I to sell my house. But is there any major reason besides appearance not to put SPF foam onto gables or slightly sloping roofs?

Thanks,

WhyMeWhyNow

WhyMeWhyNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 09:37 AM   #2
Commercial Roofing

Rewards Points: 500

Ask this guy soythane@aol.com

Seamless Polyurea Roofing Membranes for Metal Roofing, Roof Leak Repair, Seamless Commercial Spray Foam Insulation, Seamless Commercial Roofing, SPF Roofing, Industrial Insulation, Our trucks are red but our roofing is GREEN!
AaronB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 08:33 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Grumpy Send a message via MSN to Grumpy Send a message via Yahoo to Grumpy

LOL Aaron, ya think he'll like you giving out his e-mail address?

Sometimes the savings that comes from doing it yourself can be blown away with one mistake.

The information found in this post is not to be considered legal advice. All information should be considered relative, not specific. Never attempt any repairs you are not comfortable with. Always maintain safety! The author of this post takes no responsibility for any losses that occur. Use at your own risk.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:31 PM   #4
Commercial Roofing

I do not think he will mind. This is a business email. He will asnwer it or he will not. If he does not want me to do this, he will ask me to stop, and I will stop. So far he hasnt minded. :confused:
Seamless Polyurea Roofing Membranes for Metal Roofing, Roof Leak Repair, Seamless Commercial Spray Foam Insulation, Seamless Commercial Roofing, SPF Roofing, Industrial Insulation, Our trucks are red but our roofing is GREEN!
AaronB is offline   Reply With Quote