I know this is more of a chimney problem but it could be my roof too. Whenever I light my chimney, it gets really smokey in my house! With the holidays coming, I'd really like to light my chimney for when everyone gets together at the house. Does anybody know what the problem is? We had a new roof put on last summer so I don't think that's the problem
Either your damper isn't opened or you need a chimney sweep, if it's a wood burner.
Sent from a Samsung Galaxy S2
It might be an inadequate flow problem
There are a couple things that might be the cause of your chimney problems. It seems like your chimney doesn't have adequate flow. Your flow capacity is determined by the size of your connector, the flue, other passageways in the system and the amount of resistance offered by obstacles such as dampers or heat reclaimers, bends or buildup of creosote in the system. When was the last time that a chimney cleaning professional removed the creosote from your chimney?
Other factors which could reduce flow include: air leaks in a chimney; or venting multiple appliances into a single flue. Is your kitchen hood venting into your chimney flue?
It's impossible for me to determine what the cause of your problems may be without looking at your chimney. You should have a CSIA certified chimney professional look into it.
Has the chimney ever worked properly--or is this a new situation?
Do you have forced air heating?
Have you tried lighting the fire place with a window open?
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 AM.|
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.