Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-07-2011, 08:31 AM   #1

Share |

Small leak dripping out of the wood molding in the header

Last night's rain caused my first leak! I just bought my home this summer so I'm new to the roof leaks. I have a small addition off of my kitchen and I believe the leak is happening above where the roof of the addition meets the outside wall of the second floor of my home. I was up there this summer and noted a slight gap between the house and the start of the shingles on the roof. In addition, theres a little water damage on the egdes of the ceiling in the addition. I'm assuming because the water was dripping out of the molding in the header that the leak is between the wall of the house and the roof of the addition. The shingles are 2 years old, so I don't believe theres anything wrong with them. My question is how do I provide a water tight seal on the roof? What products and techniques should I use? I appreciate the help!

kc11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof leak