Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-03-2007, 11:50 AM   #1

Share |

sliding interior doors?

id like to have a pocket french door between my living room/dining room and my kitchen. i cant install one though because i have ductwork and outlets on either side of the door. i really dont want to do a traditional hinge. i found this product, anyone use it? i can set it up to slide behind my fridge or behing my cabinet in my dining room. almost as good as a pocket door, but not quite as cool looking. http://www.johnsonhardware.com/2610f.htm

jamesdart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 07:30 PM   #2

sliding interior doors?

This is a Roofing Thread.

RooferJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 08:22 PM   #3
renovations

sliding interior doors?

I've never installed the exact thing, but I can't see a problem with it. Be aware that if the reason you can't put a pocket door in is due to wiring and ductwork, this door is going to get in the way of that stuff one side or the other.
Bonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 07:43 AM   #4

sliding interior doors?

how did this post get here? i posted it in remodeling. anyway, of the 4 walls, i can make it slide over 2. the right side wall has light switches and a duct inside it that goes upstairs, but on the kitchen side of that wall there is nothing. the door can slide there. the left side wall has a duct in it that feeds the kitchen but on the dining room side i can slide the door there as there is only one outlet, that we dont use. so instead of 4 options, i have 2.
jamesdart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:15 PM   #5
remodeling pro

sliding interior doors?

Have never used this surface mount kit, but use the Johnson pocket door hardware plenty. It is the same trollies and hangers, and the track is the same, except for the extra flange for the surface application. Nice quality stuff, and I have never had a mechanical problem with it.
troubleseeker is offline   Reply With Quote