DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

sliding interior doors?

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  troubleseeker 
#1 ·
id like to have a pocket french door between my living room/dining room and my kitchen. i cant install one though because i have ductwork and outlets on either side of the door. i really dont want to do a traditional hinge. i found this product, anyone use it? i can set it up to slide behind my fridge or behing my cabinet in my dining room. almost as good as a pocket door, but not quite as cool looking. http://www.johnsonhardware.com/2610f.htm

#4 ·
how did this post get here? i posted it in remodeling. anyway, of the 4 walls, i can make it slide over 2. the right side wall has light switches and a duct inside it that goes upstairs, but on the kitchen side of that wall there is nothing. the door can slide there. the left side wall has a duct in it that feeds the kitchen but on the dining room side i can slide the door there as there is only one outlet, that we dont use. so instead of 4 options, i have 2.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.