Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-14-2010, 03:40 PM   #1
Household Handyman

Rewards Points: 1,012

Shingles on the roof

If you haven't seen the American Idol audition of "Pants on The Ground" (YouTube) then you need to see it before reading this. A local roofer's TV ad just came out with his actual workers on a roof singing : "Shingles on the ground, shingles on the ground, don't you get caught with your shingles on the ground". And so on. This is a young man (36) who I know his family, he went to school for years and played sports with my son, so I know him. I was in the blue apron store the other day and saw a couple of guys putting shingles on a cart. Well, IF you knew me--I had to do it: I started singing : "Shingles on the ground". Those two guys cracked up and started singing along, rather loudly. Everyone around joined in,they had all seen the commercial. We all shook hands, had a good laugh, and felt better. One of life's better moment's. David

Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote