Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-24-2011, 06:39 AM   #1

Share |

self stick ice & moisture membrane

I am rebuilding my entire roof from the plate up all by myself. This is making for slow going. My intention is to cover the new sheathing in the self stick stuff entirely to protect the osb untill I can get shingles on it. Is this a tactic that will work ok? What brand is favored and where is the best place to aquire?

PoleCat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:19 AM   #2

self stick ice & moisture membrane

I am leaning towards OC weatherlock since I already have OC duration shingles on pallets in the garage. My situation is a little different due to a freak wind that came through here in July and ripped the tarp off the roof and allowed in the accompanying deluge. The house is lath & plaster so the ceiling started to fall at random moments in our living room. I went ahead and removed all the ceiling plaster and the soggy insulation. So now we have a front room with a 3 mil plastic temporary ceiling hung about 8" below the lath and no insulation, only a tarp hung on bare rafters above that. I would like to re insulate and dry wall this area as soon as I get that part of the roof secured.

PoleCat is online now   Reply With Quote