Screen Porch Roof - Roofing/Siding - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-24-2011, 07:22 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 150

screen porch roof

Hi! I have a screen porch which had shingles but not a lot of pitch so I am putting metal roofing on it. I am going over the shingles, so I first furred it out with 1x pressure treated, I have since learned that pt wood and metal are not compatible, so I ordered vinyl flashing to go against the wall and out on the roof over the first pressure treated strip, then after the metal goes down the metal co sent the flashing that goes over the metal. I am using flashing tape to cover the rest of the 1x pt before the metal goes on and also covering the end furring strips next to the gutter with vinyl flashing and then aluminum coil wrap over the vinyl flashing. You can bend this vinyl flashing with a metal break like aluminum coil. Is this sufficient to make a barrier so the pt wood does not corrode my metal? Also do I need to cut weeping breaks between the 1x furring strips to allow condensation to escape or will I get condensation since the screen room is not heated? I will be bending a new piece of coil to slip under the original shingle roof and over the gutter and wrap and also bending a piece of coil to go over the vinyl flashing and into the gutter at the end. Only the furring strips are pt not the gutter board or fascia boards. Any advice much appreciated!

Advertisement

guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:30 PM   #2
RFN-4A-LVN

Rewards Points: 500

screen porch roof

Can you post some pix of your project?

Advertisement

Roofmaster417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:03 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 150

screen porch roof