Saddle Roof - Roofing/Siding - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-08-2005, 09:18 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

saddle roof

Live a raised double A-Frame with a ridge connecting the two A-Frames. I want to put an addition in between . There is a 10 foot seperation roof at an opposit angle. Want to put additional a frame roof in center. I need help with the configuration. any suggestions?

Advertisement

whgbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 01:42 PM   #2
Commercial Roofing

Rewards Points: 500

saddle roof

Carpenter.

Advertisement

Seamless Polyurea Roofing Membranes for Metal Roofing, Roof Leak Repair, Seamless Commercial Spray Foam Insulation, Seamless Commercial Roofing, SPF Roofing, Industrial Insulation, Our trucks are red but our roofing is GREEN!
AaronB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 12:51 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 500
Send a message via AIM to Grumpy Send a message via MSN to Grumpy Send a message via Yahoo to Grumpy

saddle roof

You already have your answer in the post title.

A carpenter should build the saddle so the water is directed away from the wall. At the same time I like to install ice and water shield wherever my sloped roofs meet walls. I would definetly do it in this case, in addition with meal step flashings, because water will be blasting that wall.

Sometimes the savings that comes from doing it yourself can be blown away with one mistake.

The information found in this post is not to be considered legal advice. All information should be considered relative, not specific. Never attempt any repairs you are not comfortable with. Always maintain safety! The author of this post takes no responsibility for any losses that occur. Use at your own risk.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote