Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #1

Share |

roof leak

I am working on a tiling project in my bathroom. Consequently I have removed some dry wall from my bathroom, which is on the top floor of my house. While I was kneeling on the floor of the bathroom yesterday afternoon preparing for tiling I noticed water running down the outside of a 4" ABS pipe behind where the dry wall usually is. I looked outside the window and I noticed that it was raining torrentially. I went outside the house and into the rain and I noticed the gutters were overflowing {I plan to add another drainpipe to the one I already have.}

I went back into the house and up into the bathroom. When the rain went off after ~ 20 minutes there was no water coming down. This pipe acts as a drain for the shower and runs down into the basement. I notice that another pipe higher up connects with it, but this pipe does not carry water. Presumably this is for gas. The 4" pipe continues up through the drywall. See photo taken from below looking up (147) I went up into the loft and noticed an ABS pipe in the position expected. (see photo 149). This photo is very dark unfortunately. I am going to get closer to this pipe ASAP. This pipe went up through the roof. Please can I be advised what to about it. I would not have noticed this unless I had been tiling and taken the dry wall off the wall. There was enough water to beconcerned about it.

Angus
Attached Thumbnails
roof leak-dsc00149.jpg   roof leak-dsc00147.jpg  

Last edited by angusmdmclean; 09-19-2012 at 02:55 PM.
angusmdmclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
Pro Slate Roofer

roof leak

Sound like the pipe collar. There are numerous threads showing how to make the repair on this site. Just go back a day or two for the latest.

tinner666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:05 AM   #3
Exterior Construction

roof leak

+1

I am sure you are going to find something that looks like this.

Windows on Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:11 PM   #4

roof leak

Thank you. Do you do this kind of work?

Angus
angusmdmclean is offline   Reply With Quote