Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-29-2012, 08:15 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

ridge vent

Why don't you install ridge vent all the way to the end of the roof? In all the videos, instructions they leave 6 inches and start the ridge vent 5 inches back from the gable end. Can't I run it all the way to the end for a cleaner look ?

garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #2
Shut in w/o Home

Rewards Points: 500

ridge vent

Quote:
Originally Posted by garage View Post
Why don't you install ridge vent all the way to the end of the roof? In all the videos, instructions they leave 6 inches and start the ridge vent 5 inches back from the gable end. Can't I run it all the way to the end for a cleaner look ?
You can. In fact, that's my preference. The vent serves no purpose over the rake cornice area,so some roofer's leave it off to cut costs.

seeyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:44 PM   #3
RFN-4A-LVN

Rewards Points: 500

ridge vent

I prefer 2' off the rake.I do it not to cut cost but because I like to see the Ridge Vent start and ending point.I ask my customers which they want and they say off the rake.

Some would question why but IMO it is preference.Besides I use external baffled "High Point" they only cost an additional $12 for another panel and that is hardly worth the effort of saving money.

But some guys who use the roll type drop $54 for 20'.If you have 44' of ridgeline then I guess you would have to invest another $54 in materials.That way I could see someone trying to snooker some cost.
Roofmaster417 is offline   Reply With Quote