Replacing Metal Back Borch Porch With Shingles - Roofing/Siding - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-21-2008, 11:56 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

replacing metal back borch porch with shingles

5 years ago I had a metal roof put on my home...when the contractor put the metal on over the shingles,,,when he got down to the back porch he slipped a piece of metal under the old singles and attached it to the new metal roof by nailing it to the high part of the rib....The back porch has leaked in the valley for the last two years and the roofer is out of buisness (no wonder)..I want to replace the back porch roof with conventional shingles....what do I do with the piece of metal that he slipped underneath the old shingles and nailed to the high part of the rib on the back porch of my house

Advertisement

nurse47557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 12:10 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

replacing metal back borch porch with shingles

Is all the metal nailed?You will need a transition flashing where the 2 roofs meet,I would have the old one removed and replaced.The metal should go under the top section(the more the merrier)and your new roof under the flashing.You might have to get this custom bent depending on the transition.I think I understood you,if not just give me hell.Take care-John

Advertisement

johnk is offline   Reply With Quote