Questions About Timberline Vs Cambridge - Roofing/Siding - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-21-2013, 10:12 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

questions about Timberline vs Cambridge

Hello,
I am newbie of home renovation (ie never did major work around the house). I am about to change my roof and get 2 quotes from 2 different companies. One for GAF Timberline HD, and one for IKO Cambridge AR. The Cambridge quote gets 20% lower than the other, but has only 15 years of warranty at 100%, but after that it is only about 18%. The Timberline is a bit more expensive (20%) but has 50 years of warranty at 100% (System Plus option). So you pay only 20% more (in my case, only 1K$), but the life time is extended more than 3 times without any worry?
I walk through many comparisons on the internet and look like their performance are very similar. So what makes the differences in the warranty here? Is there any hidden truth in Timberline warranty that I would consider?
Many thanks for your help,
D.

Advertisement

homedummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:32 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

Are there any comments on this?
Thanks,
D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homedummy View Post
Hello,
I am newbie of home renovation (ie never did major work around the house). I am about to change my roof and get 2 quotes from 2 different companies. One for GAF Timberline HD, and one for IKO Cambridge AR. The Cambridge quote gets 20% lower than the other, but has only 15 years of warranty at 100%, but after that it is only about 18%. The Timberline is a bit more expensive (20%) but has 50 years of warranty at 100% (System Plus option). So you pay only 20% more (in my case, only 1K$), but the life time is extended more than 3 times without any worry?
I walk through many comparisons on the internet and look like their performance are very similar. So what makes the differences in the warranty here? Is there any hidden truth in Timberline warranty that I would consider?
Many thanks for your help,
D.

Advertisement

homedummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:08 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 198

If you get an extended roof warranty ensure that the manufacturer inspects the roof and it passes before you accept anything.
I use both brands of shingles, and other than certain colours have no preference either way.
PatChap is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PatChap For This Useful Post:
homedummy (04-26-2013)

Tags
roofing , warranty