Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-13-2009, 03:44 PM   #1

Share |

Problems with new roof

I had a new roof installed about 3 weeks ago now ,
I have a few issues with the work ,
1- on the rear of the house , there was a small amout of decking that did not receive any weather guard or felt or shingle , a small size about 4 inches x 10' long . this pies was below and tooked under the carnish
2- The ridge vent appears not to be nailed down evenly ,it looks wavey
The roofer came back out when i wasn't at home and put a piece of weather and rain guard over that exposed decking ,but no shingle ,
appears they they nailed soem of the ridge vent down , but still doesn't look smooth and even ,
I went up in the attic to see what things looked like up there and noticed in the process of removing the old shingles they knocked a couple holes in the decking one about 2 and a half inches round and another one with a 4 to 5 inch busted hole ..
They felted over the holes and kept on going ,,,
This has put some concerns to what they did wrong that i am not seeing ,
What actions should i take ,,,I don't have alot of confidence in these roofers at all now since i seen the holes ,,,They just roofed over .

stanzh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:09 PM   #2
Residential Roofer

Problems with new roof

Your next step should be.
Walk the attic and around the exterior of your home again making notes of everything you have questions/concerns with, than call the roofer and schedule a 'face to face' meeting so you and he can talk about your questions/concerns and he can correct those issues.

If you still have concerns at that point you'll probably need to hire someone to inspect his work and see if there are issues with his workmanship or not.

Legal action "if needed" would be later on once all other avenues have been taken.

Everything should be in writing 'your questions/his answers', photos of area's you are concerned with, copy of your contract with him, proof of payment, etc.

Slyfox is offline   Reply With Quote