Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-30-2012, 11:52 PM   #1

Share |

Problems with Gutter Hanger System

Hi.

I'm trying to install a 4" Amerimax hanger system from Home Depot..

I'm using the 4" Snap-Lok or "Fascia Bracket.."

http://www.amerimax.com/pdf/Installi...er_Systems.pdf

#J Fig 3.2

My issue is that the bracket holds the gutter just fine with the lower part, when I put in the cross brace bracket, it lips into the outside edge just fine, but it doesn't actually rest in tension. The gutter keeps it from hanging on the little internal tab inside the gutter. If I bent it out a bunch, then it would sit there ok, but then the end caps wouldn't fit..

Are you suppose to bend top part of the upper tab in on the main bracket with a hammer or something to get this system to work?

Why is there no documentation? The youtube video by Amerimax just shows you how to install a nail. Thanks, but that was useless..

Anyone have any idea how to properly install this 4" bracket system?

Thanks,

Jeff

zootjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:00 AM   #2

Not going to like it but, you have bought the lowest of the lows in gutters.
There to narrow to do much good, there going to leak at the seams and end caps, the hanger system is just plan ugly and the reason they suggest so many hangers is plastic gutters tend to sag. They also may break with just putting a ladder againt them on a cold day.

You would be far ahaed of the game to bit the bullet and have someone install seamless gutters or at least install aluminum gutters with hidden gutter hangers.

joecaption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:48 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecaption View Post
Not going to like it but, you have bought the lowest of the lows in gutters.
There to narrow to do much good, there going to leak at the seams and end caps, the hanger system is just plan ugly and the reason they suggest so many hangers is plastic gutters tend to sag. They also may break with just putting a ladder againt them on a cold day.

You would be far ahaed of the game to bit the bullet and have someone install seamless gutters or at least install aluminum gutters with hidden gutter hangers.

These are painted steel, not plastic.

I have 14 feet of gutter for a shed for a single plane shed roof. I'd have a pro come out to roll gutters for my house, this is a shed. I'm guessing I just have to hit the inside lip with a hammer so that the cross bracket will remain in tension, anyone ever done this?
zootjeff is offline   Reply With Quote