Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-18-2011, 07:38 AM   #1

Share |

Pricing a 1 layer tear off of a flat roof. Then installing 1-1/2 thick insulation and 60m. thick EPDM. I need a price per square on labor and materials. Thank you. Tim.

I am estimating a 480 sq. flat roof. 1-story. 1-layer tear off. And he wants to put down 1-1/2" thick insulation and 60ml. thick EPDM rubber. I need to know an approx. price per square.

pete1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:30 AM   #2
Not so new

Pricing a 1 layer tear off of a flat roof. Then installing 1-1/2 thick insulation and 60m. thick EPDM. I need a price per square on labor and materials. Thank you. Tim.

Time+Material+Overhead+Profit=Cost

Whats up with you guys? If you cant figure out how much to charge how are you going to figure out how to do the work?

You stick right by the phone...I'm sure someone will call soon.

12penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:43 PM   #3
Pro Slate Roofer

$30.00 per sq. foot ought to do ya.
tinner666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:10 PM   #4
Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete1700 View Post
I am estimating a 480 sq. flat roof. 1-story. 1-layer tear off. And he wants to put down 1-1/2" thick insulation and 60ml. thick EPDM rubber. I need to know an approx. price per square.
Go back to school

Last edited by kwikfishron; 07-18-2011 at 03:47 PM.
kwikfishron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:41 PM   #5

Call a roofer, get a quote for them to do it, tack on 10% O&P, submit bid. If you don't know what to charge you probably don't know what to do. Don't screw the owner over with inexperience, be the middle man and make 10% if you can get the owner to sign on...
AGWhitehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:42 PM   #6
Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGWhitehouse View Post
Call a roofer, get a quote for them to do it, tack on 10% O&P, submit bid. If you don't know what to charge you probably don't know what to do. Don't screw the owner over with inexperience, be the middle man and make 10% if you can get the owner to sign on...
And how is that in the best interest of the home owner?
Old 07-18-2011, 07:28 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikfishron View Post
And how is that in the best interest of the home owner?
If the bid is the lowest, then it may be of interest. If not, then it isn't. I would hope the homeowner is getting more than one quote...
AGWhitehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:44 PM   #8
Shut in w/o Home

This has to be in the running for the longest thread title ever
seeyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:17 PM   #9
Mod

Not just in roofing, I can think of three others in just the last week including electrical.

It dumbfounds me that any pro would even offer any suggestions to aid in this bs.

Last edited by kwikfishron; 07-18-2011 at 08:20 PM.
kwikfishron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:50 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to Grumpy Send a message via MSN to Grumpy Send a message via Yahoo to Grumpy

I consider myself a professional and this is my answer to help you in this BS... : How much should I charge?

Personally, Tinner said $3 a foot and at that price I'd go broke.

This is 480 square, hardly a home owner.

If a customer is choosing the low bidder, it won't be me. And a customer interested in the low bid isn't my kind of customer. I try to find out that crap on the phone before I set the appointment.

In regards to the title... Pete, who is Tim?

Sometimes the savings that comes from doing it yourself can be blown away with one mistake.

The information found in this post is not to be considered legal advice. All information should be considered relative, not specific. Never attempt any repairs you are not comfortable with. Always maintain safety! The author of this post takes no responsibility for any losses that occur. Use at your own risk.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:50 PM   #11
Tileguy

Quote:
I need a price per square on labor and materials. Thank you. Tim.

Why don't we all just jump on the bus and go do it for him also?
Old 07-19-2011, 08:31 AM   #12

Send a message via AIM to Grumpy Send a message via MSN to Grumpy Send a message via Yahoo to Grumpy

Bud, I'll do it fer tree fiddy!

Jump on the bus or under the bus?

Sometimes the savings that comes from doing it yourself can be blown away with one mistake.

The information found in this post is not to be considered legal advice. All information should be considered relative, not specific. Never attempt any repairs you are not comfortable with. Always maintain safety! The author of this post takes no responsibility for any losses that occur. Use at your own risk.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote