Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-21-2011, 10:53 AM   #1

Share |

Old Work Gable Vent

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for a project i'm working on. I have a brick house with two gable vents near the peak on each side. They are 16" W x 25" H and recessed about 2 1/2". They are about 60 years old and have no screening on them (Less the screening I tried to add to keep the birds out, which did not work!).

I would like to add a vinyl gable vent with built in screening to cover the old metal gable vent. Ideally i would like to find one that would go in the opening and extend over the edge of the brick to create a good seal.

The only vent's I've been able to find are for new work and would not work for my applications. Does anyone know of a gable vent that would work for this application?

As a side note there is also a 45 degree angle at the bottom of the existing gable.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks for the help!

oBricko

obricko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gable vents