Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-21-2012, 07:16 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

OC TruDefinition Sierra Gray - good pick?

What do you guys think of TruDefinition Sierra Gray, not to be confused with Oakridge Sierra Gray, which is less contrasting.

I'm a little worried because I can't find a picture of a real house with them, just 'simulated' ones made by Owens.

tibberous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:16 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 0

OC TruDefinition Sierra Gray - good pick?

It sort of depends on the house you are putting them on. Some houses look better with more variation in the shingles and some houses don't. For example, we live in a house from 1925 that has a slightly wavy roof. We reroofed last summer and chose a contrasty shingle because it helped to hide the waviness, and it worked very well. That said, we don't have any large uninterrupted expanses of roof that can look a bit strange to some with very contrasty shingles.

In the end it comes down to aesthetic preference. If you like the contrasty look, go for it. If you don't, then don't.

Ironlight is offline   Reply With Quote