Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-26-2007, 06:42 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

New roof and turbine put in crooked

I recently had a new roof put on. New turbines were installed last year. I recently noticed one turbine is installed crooked (on a slant) Is this a big problem to fix? What happens if I just leave it as is?

patt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 08:40 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,000

Oh NO!!!

Your air is going to be crooked now!

Just kidding.

Besides it looking stupid, from your description, as long as the turbine can still spin freely, it should be just as ineffective as any other turbine vent. Balanced ventilation relies mostly on the proper and equal amounts of attic air flowage going in as out.

So, as long as you have 100 % ventilated soffit intake air, and an equal amount of exhaust air, everything should be just fine.

For the full answer, you must provide the dimensions of your home so I can calculate the total NFVA of Intake and Exhaust air required for your attic air flow. Take outside measurements from the entire length of the eave ny how deep from fron to back it is. That will sort of give you a "footprint" of your home. Round the figure up rather than down if you pace it off instead of using a tape measure. Just do this from the ground.

Also, what size turbine vent and how much Net Free Air was it rated for on the box, so I am not guessing at that. They usually are 125 sq in or 250 sq in per turbine vent.

Ed

Ed the Roofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:08 AM   #3
Commercial Roofing

Rewards Points: 500

Hey, Ed, I am looking for a salesman for my company, if you ever become interested.
Seamless Polyurea Roofing Membranes for Metal Roofing, Roof Leak Repair, Seamless Commercial Spray Foam Insulation, Seamless Commercial Roofing, SPF Roofing, Industrial Insulation, Our trucks are red but our roofing is GREEN!
AaronB is offline   Reply With Quote