Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-05-2009, 09:17 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 34
Rewards Points: 25
Default

new roof pricing


I'm looking for a new roof for my house. I'm going to go with basic composite shingle for a one story ranch no complicated architectural features. Just a basic box with a 4/12 pitched roof. I'm trying to figure out what the "approximate" cost will be.

I know every situation is different but I'm hoping that others can give me some idea what they paid and how many sq. ft their house was so that i could get a general idea what to expect.

I hate to have contractors come out and be totally clueless as to what the cost may be.

bmancanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:30 AM   #2
Say it Is not so!!!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Haverford, PA - Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 52
Rewards Points: 75
Default

new roof pricing


Quote:
Originally Posted by bmancanfly View Post
I'm looking for a new roof for my house. I'm going to go with basic composite shingle for a one story ranch no complicated architectural features. Just a basic box with a 4/12 pitched roof. I'm trying to figure out what the "approximate" cost will be.

I know every situation is different but I'm hoping that others can give me some idea what they paid and how many sq. ft their house was so that i could get a general idea what to expect.

I hate to have contractors come out and be totally clueless as to what the cost may be.

A New York Price is far different than an Alabama price.



Location?

Square Footage of said roof?

Protrusions?

Deck Condition?

Ice and Water Shield?

Valleys?

Hips?

Single or Compound Ridge?

Material Warranty/Wind Rating?

How many layer tear off?

Shingle Over?

Satellite Dish Removal/Reinstallation?


And on....And on.........

MALCO.New.York is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:37 AM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 34
Rewards Points: 25
Default

new roof pricing


Anyone who read my question and cares to share their experience would be appreciated.

I AM NOT LOOKING FOR A PRICE QUOTE OVER THE INTERNET. I'M LOOKING FOR WHAT OTHERS HAVE PAID FOR A BASIC COMPOSITE ROOF INSTALLATION FOR RANCH STYLE HOUSE SO THAT I CAN GET A BALLPARK IDEA WHAT TO EXPECT. OBVIOUSLY SPECIAL CONDITIONS ARE GOING TO CHANGE THE PRICE.
bmancanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:47 AM   #4
Say it Is not so!!!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Haverford, PA - Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 52
Rewards Points: 75
Default

new roof pricing


Quote:
Originally Posted by bmancanfly View Post
Anyone who read my question and cares to share their experience would be appreciated.

I AM NOT LOOKING FOR A PRICE QUOTE OVER THE INTERNET. I'M LOOKING FOR WHAT OTHERS HAVE PAID FOR A BASIC COMPOSITE ROOF INSTALLATION FOR RANCH STYLE HOUSE SO THAT I CAN GET A BALLPARK IDEA WHAT TO EXPECT. OBVIOUSLY SPECIAL CONDITIONS ARE GOING TO CHANGE THE PRICE.
Where are you located is the BIGGEST factor!

A $2500.00 roof in Atlanta is a $6000.00 roof in New York!
MALCO.New.York is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:40 AM   #5
Residential Roofer
 
Slyfox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Struthers, Ohio
Posts: 803
Rewards Points: 500
Default

new roof pricing


Quote:
Originally Posted by bmancanfly View Post
I'm looking for a new roof for my house. I'm going to go with basic composite shingle for a one story ranch no complicated architectural features. Just a basic box with a 4/12 pitched roof. I'm trying to figure out what the "approximate" cost will be.

I know every situation is different but I'm hoping that others can give me some idea what they paid and how many sq. ft their house was so that i could get a general idea what to expect.

I hate to have contractors come out and be totally clueless as to what the cost may be.
In my area 'Youngstown, Ohio' the average ranch style home with one existing roof and no deck, gutter or siding work needed will run in the area of $200.00 per square for material and labor.

You'll see estimates from $60.00 per square less too $150.00 per square more.

Make time to take numerous estimates from both larger and smaller operations and make sure to ask questions:
Insured, Licensed, Referrals, Utilizing Employee's or Subs 'subs insured?'
etc.
Make your final decision based on both quality and price, not one or the other.
__________________
God Family Country Work Play
Facebook <> Twitter
Slyfox Exteriors Co.
Slyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:41 AM   #6
Say it Is not so!!!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Haverford, PA - Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 52
Rewards Points: 75
Default

new roof pricing


Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox View Post
Make your final decision based on both quality and price, not one or the other.

Yessiree!
MALCO.New.York is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:55 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 34
Rewards Points: 25
Default

new roof pricing


Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox View Post
In my area 'Youngstown, Ohio' the average ranch style home with one existing roof and no deck, gutter or siding work needed will run in the area of $200.00 per square for material and labor.

You'll see estimates from $60.00 per square less too $150.00 per square more.

Make time to take numerous estimates from both larger and smaller operations and make sure to ask questions:
Insured, Licensed, Referrals, Utilizing Employee's or Subs 'subs insured?'
etc.
Make your final decision based on both quality and price, not one or the other.

Thanks a lot. Thats a good place for me to start.
bmancanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:30 PM   #8
Residential Roofer
 
Slyfox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Struthers, Ohio
Posts: 803
Rewards Points: 500
Default

new roof pricing


Your welcome.

Feel free to ask more once you begin getting estimates.

__________________
God Family Country Work Play
Facebook <> Twitter
Slyfox Exteriors Co.
Slyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The moving Ice Dams after using a roof rake ?? Canufixit Roofing/Siding 9 02-05-2009 07:33 PM
Flat roof questions, advice, ballpark estimate JerryH Roofing/Siding 18 11-07-2008 04:08 PM
Flat roof - Rolled? - leaks Advice? JJ2001 Roofing/Siding 4 11-19-2006 06:17 AM




Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.