Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-26-2010, 02:19 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

Need Hex Bolt for Older Velux Skylight

I have an older Velux skylight purchased in about 1992. Just like most skylights I've seen, the handle is held on to a hex "bolt" which is turned to open/close the window. This hex "bolt" has worn down and needs to be replaced. Unfortunately, Velux has changed styles of hex bolts. The old style, which I need, is held into the operating mechanisim by a retaining screw right through the center of the bolt. The newer ones are snap in and not campatible without replacing the entire operating arm. I have the part number of the old style bolt (017505) however they are not available from Velux nor can I find anything online. The newer hex bolt (017690) is not compatible.

Does anyone have any suggesions as to a source for this bolt? Replacing the operating arm calls for $60 in parts and I'd rather just buy the $8 bolt.

xquercus is offline   Reply With Quote