Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-06-2008, 02:31 AM   #1

Share |

Need help to see what is the best way to do roof.

Hi,
I'm trying to figure a way to make my roof not need wall support as i want to rip the walls out and remodel. The house is 3 parts. The middle is a 8' x 49' old trailer ( what i'm trying to rip out all but the floor ) to the right was added on 20 years ago and is also 8' x 49' and 13 years ago to the left 13' x 35' was added. The problem is the way the roof was done the two 8' sections have 1 roof 16' wide and the newer addition has a roof that over laps 8' of the old roof. I know it was cheaper for them to do it but makes it hard to do anything with it because of the weight on the 8' section. It looks like an L laying down from the front. The attic has 2"x6" boards every 2' for the roof and 2' up is a 2"x6" going a crossed joining them and every 4' is a 2"x6" running down to the middle wall. I want to see if it's possible to shore it up without replacing it just yet. I want to get the inside redone before putting on a new roof maybe 2-3 years later. All the ways i thought of seems that maybe it would collapse but i'm not someone the deals with truss and roofs.
Any questions please ask any help is welcome.

xosux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 06:38 AM   #2
Whatamess

You need to post some pictures if you can.

Old 09-06-2008, 03:40 PM   #3

Sorry i thought i did it with the original post. It would be very hard to get a real pic of it all but if needed i could. Again it's like this the whole 49' back. I only want to take out the middle of the 8' sections and leave the everything else there. The roof would still be the same just want to make the whole 16' stay up without the middle brace on the wall. Bottom is what i thought of.

Last edited by xosux; 09-06-2008 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Clarity
xosux is offline   Reply With Quote