Mold in attic
My wife and I have been searching for our first house since March. We've placed many bids and have been outbid each time. We found the perfect house and during the inspection yesterday he discovered mold in the attic due to blocked vents.
Is this something i can handle on my own?
Ive read as much as i can about mold but i figure you guys know a lot too.
I should mention this is a short sale so it is bank owned so the seller/bank wont do muhc.
I love this house i really dont want to give up on it.
I have 2 pictures of what i seen yesterday. the house has 2 attics and this is attic is about 700 sqft.
This is my first post and thanks for looking.
With proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment...i.e. respirator, suit, containment), it is something you can do.
Might be easier to just have contraction come in and dry ice blast it.
The issues with molds or anything friable for that matter, is the potential to spread the contamination via disturbance.
That looks way behond some simple treatment to me.
I'm seeing fungus and some other form of mold.
Poke it with a screw driver, bit you'll find it's all punky by now.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 AM.|
Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media LP. All Rights Reserved