Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-18-2010, 11:04 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

mobile home shingled peaked roof has what

appears to be slight valleys of discoloration in 3 sections. Inside the ceiling is cracked in long sections. I have one spot that looks like a leak. New York winters so heavy snow on occasion. I know that I need to have work done and would like to have the whole roof replaced. Question is will home owners insurance cover this, obviously depending on the policy but, is it the norm for people to have this covered?

brenda o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 05:43 PM   #2
Commercial Roofing

Rewards Points: 500

..No.

Seamless Polyurea Roofing Membranes for Metal Roofing, Roof Leak Repair, Seamless Commercial Spray Foam Insulation, Seamless Commercial Roofing, SPF Roofing, Industrial Insulation, Our trucks are red but our roofing is GREEN!
AaronB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:10 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,000

How old is the roof ?
Was it damaged due to a storm ?
Normal wear & tear is not covered by insurance
Scuba_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:19 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 75

the roof is about 12 years old. The damage is due to winter snow over time. This past winter was not real bad and I kept it shoveled off for the most part. The winter before was evil and had up to 4 foot of snow on it. Could hear it "crack" at time. Inside, the ceiling has (damn popcorn finish) split in places, long splits on one side of the peak only. At the back end, when it is raining, i can hear the rain dripping inside the wall. I have gutters and overhang so it not going off the edge or in the gutter, its inside somewhere. I just don't have the money to fix it and was hoping insurance could cover it. Otherwise, do I have to have a real disaster, like dripping from the ceiling or it caving in to have help with it? Like I said, this winter, I was scared and tried to keep it cleaned off. I'm just really frustrated because work to make ends meet and just don't have the money for this.
brenda o is offline   Reply With Quote