DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

metal roofing???

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  seeyou 
#1 ·
I'm building a small 3' x 8' shed and would like to use a metal roof. Where can I get a sheet of metal roofing? Is there any reason why I shouldn't use it in this application?

Are there any other light roofing option I should consider?

#3 ·
I'll go out on a limb here and suggest maybe a roofing supply store.

Here's two: ABC Supply, 2710 R Street, Sacramento - (916) 452-7000
&

5860 Alder Avenue, Sacramento - (916) 383-8311
Smart Ass!! :whistling2::thumbup::whistling2:

Mopowers if you are just looking for cheap rolled rib your local big box also carries it in 12' lengths I believe.

#4 ·
Thanks for the input and contacts. Sorry to sound stupid, but I've never done this type of roofing before. Can I just screw the roofing directly to the framing? Or do I need to lay down some plywood first? Remember, this is just a small 3 x 8 shed.

Agains, sorry to sound stupid. My hobby is building hotrods, not roofing. So this is new to me.

THANKS again!

#5 ·
Thanks for the input and contacts. Sorry to sound stupid, but I've never done this type of roofing before. Can I just screw the roofing directly to the framing? Or do I need to lay down some plywood first? Remember, this is just a small 3 x 8 shed.

Agains, sorry to sound stupid. My hobby is building hotrods, not roofing. So this is new to me.

THANKS again!

You need either solid sheathing (plywood) or purlins (spaced 1x run perpendicular to the rafters) for the metal to sit on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.