Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-28-2010, 05:17 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Wink

liquid roof sealer

anyone heard of the company chiri enterprises? has anyone tried the roof sealer?

alice265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:53 PM   #2

liquid roof sealer

I have also been researching "Roof-It" by Chiri Enterprises. As a commercial property manager who has used coating systems on built-up roofs with mixed results, I am skeptical of using something like it on my home. I have an asphalt shingle roof that is 10 years old and is in excellent condition...just in a god-awful color. We are going to be remodeling our home and have the opportunity to change the "style" of our home from no-style to Spanish but the existing roof color (light grey) prevents us from doing so. If anyone has any true insight I would really appreciate it! I just would hate to miss the opportunity to make the aesthetic changes to our home if something like this product can make it possible. Thanks for your help!!

amib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:26 PM   #3
Pro Slate Roofer

Rewards Points: 1,030

liquid roof sealer

I'll give the stock answer. Stay away from bucket roof products.
tinner666 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tinner666 For This Useful Post:
OldNBroken (07-06-2012)
Old 04-14-2010, 10:58 PM   #4
Commercial Roofing

Rewards Points: 500

liquid roof sealer

I use some roof products in buckets, but I know what to use and when to use them and how to use them.

All I can say is that McDonald's paints their shingle roofs, with mixed results.

Amib, what types of coatings have you tried, and what were the results of the various tipes for the applications specified?
Seamless Polyurea Roofing Membranes for Metal Roofing, Roof Leak Repair, Seamless Commercial Spray Foam Insulation, Seamless Commercial Roofing, SPF Roofing, Industrial Insulation, Our trucks are red but our roofing is GREEN!
AaronB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:59 PM   #5
Commercial Roofing

liquid roof sealer

Alice, what purpose are you trying to serve? Colorant? Sealant? Flat roof? Shingle roof?
Seamless Polyurea Roofing Membranes for Metal Roofing, Roof Leak Repair, Seamless Commercial Spray Foam Insulation, Seamless Commercial Roofing, SPF Roofing, Industrial Insulation, Our trucks are red but our roofing is GREEN!
Old 04-15-2010, 11:43 AM   #6

liquid roof sealer

Aaron B - The commercial products I have used really aren't my concern. I'm just trying to find out if there is a way to change the appearance (color) of my roof short of replacing a perfectly functional roof. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 04-15-2010, 11:53 AM   #7
Commercial Roofing

liquid roof sealer

Ok, I was looking for some info from you, the end user, Amib. Sorry for asking.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:35 PM   #8

liquid roof sealer

Sorry AaronB! I didn't mean to come across rude. To be honest I don't remember what the material was we applied. I just remember the name of the company that installed it but wouldn't honor the warranty. The manufacturer went out of business but I can't remember their name. I think the installer went out of business too. It was installed about 8 years ago and was supposed to have a 15 year warranty but we ended up having to replace both roofs we used it on in less than 5 years. We just couldn't keep up with all the cracking, peeling, and leaking. The company I worked for at the time (a large international industrial developer and owner) no longer considers coating systems as a result.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:24 PM   #9
Commercial Roofing

liquid roof sealer

It's a shame to lump all fluid products into one category.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:00 PM   #10
Roof-It.ca

liquid roof sealer

Good day -

Anyone interested in aesthetic changes ie coloring their roofs need not fear using Roof-IT .

Product is a water based liquid polymer coating. Fast drying - forming a rock hard finish.

Product has been in market (internet) since 1995 . customer satisfaction has been 100% on asphalt shingle roofs.

NOT only can we custom color to your needs but product will reinforce shingles and prevent any leaks from happening. Visit site ans eee for yourself - company also offers SAMPLE to test. http://www.roof-it.ca
Roof-It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:30 PM   #11

liquid roof sealer

my wife and I tried Roof-it--not only did we change the color of our old roof --it stopped a persistant leak that roofing experts could not stop--Honestly a great product!! Highly recommended.
stardust225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:42 PM   #12

liquid roof sealer

I have been researching this product and can't find anything, can you please provide more feedback. How long have you had it and how easy was the application?
missdevoted226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:51 PM   #13
Doing This Way Too Long

Rewards Points: 524

liquid roof sealer

very old thread but if you are refering to roof-it, the poster is spamming his product in the first post and the "testimonial" posted right after is him trying to make himself look better.
OldNBroken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #14

liquid roof sealer

Have you delt w them? Or any product similar?
missdevoted226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:25 AM   #15

liquid roof sealer

I also would like to know if ROOF IT liquid sealer works. I have several leaks on porch that for so long have been trying to stop. I don't want to order it just to find out that doesn't work, besides the product isn't any cheap.

Pau-Latina is offline   Reply With Quote