DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Leaking Roof Where House Meets Porch

24K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Wildie 
#1 ·
Hi all! I believe that I need to do some minor roof repair involving sealing up a couple of leaking areas. I have a problem with water leaking through the roof in two places different places.

One place is where the previous owners added on a screen porch and apparently didn't seal it well enough. The water here leaks down into the screen porch right where it meets the main part of the house. This pretty much soaks the porch during a hard rain. The home inspector mentioned to me that the sealant (not sure if that is the correct term) should have been spread over the entire screen porch roof, when in fact, it is only covering the seam of the porch and the house.

The other leak lets water into the bathroom right around the exhaust fan opening.

I took pictures (from the roof) of both of these areas and have attached them here. Is there some sort of roof sealant that I can buy to fix these areas? Any assistance would be great, thanks!

- the first pic shows the seam between the porch and the house roof. The porch extends to the right and the ouse extends to the left. It butts up against a chimney. The second pic is of the top of the exhaust of the bathroom.

taz

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.