Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-12-2010, 01:13 PM   #1
RDS

Rewards Points: 150

Installing gable vent from inside attic?

Does anyone know of any company that makes gable vents that can be installed (including sealed properly) entirely from inside the attic?

I plan to add gable vents at either end of my attic, and to put a thermostat-controlled fan in one of them to blow out hot air in the summer. (There are existing gable vents, but much too small for the fan. Since my roof doesn't have soffits I'm going the gable-fan route instead of a soffit-and-ridge-vent system for ventilation.)

I'm not afraid of ladders, but I don't have one long enough to reach the roof peak at one end of the house, where the ground slopes away. Not to mention, even with a ladder of adequate length, the foot of it would have to be on my neighbor's property for me to safely extend it that far. The other gable is over my garage roof, so it'd also be difficult to access from the outside with a ladder.

If I could install the vents entirely from inside the attic, I'd be golden. But all the ones I've seen online (the ones that mention the installation method, anyway) have to be installed from the outside. Does anyone know of any that don't?

Thanks in advance.

RDS is offline   Reply With Quote