How To Repair(flat Roof W/a Hole) - Roofing/Siding - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-29-2015, 03:55 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 4

How To Repair(flat roof w/a hole)

i've got a flat roof that had a hole from someone stepping in a weak spot. i have reinforced the area below the roof to help keep it from happening again, but i have little experience with this type of roof so i would like to know some steps and materials i need to repair this hole. i have attached some pictures of the area below. i have done a few asphalt shingle roofs and a few white elasti roofs, but never one like this, or at least nothing other than some tar and mesh at a few of the seems. i believe it is 3 ply rolled roof. the hole is on one edge with flashing and is approx. 1.5 ft x 4 ft. any help appriated and i will be able to answer any other questions about the roof as well.
Attached Thumbnails
How To Repair(flat roof w/a hole)-0429150934.jpg   How To Repair(flat roof w/a hole)-0429150934a.jpg  

Advertisement

mcclintock0101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 12:42 PM   #2
Low Slope Roofing

Rewards Points: 1,588

Fix the hole, in fill the low spot with fiberboard to equal the height of the original roof. Apply one ply of SBS base sheet set in SBS adhesive, then apply one ply of SBS granulated cap sheet set in SBS adhesive.

You will find that buying the materials to repair the roof will be far more then paying a commercial roofer to do it. Plus you will have 3/4 a roll of cap sheet and most of the base sheet left over.

Advertisement

1985gt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1985gt For This Useful Post:
roofermann (04-30-2015), Windows on Wash (04-30-2015)
Old 04-30-2015, 04:49 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 4

thanks. at the time of the post i had already added some support to the roof. just finished up the patch now. looks great and only has to hold for a year at most until i get the whole roof re-done. only down side is i wish you could buy it by the foot or some smaller pieces just for patches. got lots of it left over
mcclintock0101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 11:18 AM   #4
Low Slope Roofing

Rewards Points: 1,588

The only other option would be talk to a commercial roofer and see if they have a partial roll they would sell you. We sell lots of EPDM pieces to various people, I guess I could have mentioned that in the original post.
1985gt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flat roof repair