DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Roofing/Siding (
-   -   How to remove drip edge to get to replace fascia board (

mr-hobo 07-13-2008 08:38 PM

How to remove drip edge to get to replace fascia board
I have a metal drip edge covering my fascia board. I need to get to the fascia board but my drip edge is covering it. How would I take the drip edge off so I could replace the fascia board? It appears that there are nails under the shingles holding the drip edge.

747 07-14-2008 06:16 AM

You have to carefully pry those shingles up with a thin flat tool. Then remove drip edge and replace with new drip edge. Then reseal down all the shingles with roofer caulk Or the black caulk roofers use. you could try to reinstall that drip edge but i wouldn't recomend it because your going to bend it prying it off. NOw when taken it off. Take a flat bar and pry off at the nails. Meaning get under the drip edge or apron at the nail and pry up. Be careful with the shingles.

Ed the Roofer 07-14-2008 09:28 PM

747 is absolutely correct, with an emphasis on removing it carefully.

Don't go cracking the shingles above it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1