Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-05-2004, 07:30 AM   #1

Share |
Question

Help getting birds out

What can make birds leave a space? Over the weekend investigating a noise in my girlfriends attic. I found their is an active bird nest in an area that is not assessable to me. Anyway I know I can keep the birds out of the attic once I get them out. In the past I once used a speaker (piping in rather loud and annoying talk radio) in the past to rid my own attic of squirrels. Will similar things work with birds? I am not even sure yet what type of bird the are. I might be able to get a photo of one if required.

Thanks in advance for any advice or help that can be offered.

Old 10-20-2004, 08:58 PM   #2

Help getting birds out

I ended up removing the nest during the day and it was NOT at the time occupied. The sealed off the access they had made. It all worked out, maybe not totally for the birds hopefully they can find a new home before the cold of winter sets in. Could not leave them up their to continue the damage though.

Old 06-28-2005, 03:26 PM   #3

Help getting birds out

Quote:
Originally posted by MgMopar
In the past I once used a speaker (piping in rather loud and annoying talk radio) in the past to rid my own attic of squirrels.
Piping in the Al Franken radio show to your attic?
knowltondata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 12:59 PM   #4

Help getting birds out

Is that Al Franken available in the Chicago area? I am not sure what radio station I had on originally. But I since then used TV sound feed when we did the same at a friends house. That was Maury Povich Show we piped in. People yelling and screaming with a whole lot of beeps and stuff. His Squirrels were out withen in two days. :D
Old 11-17-2005, 09:26 AM   #5

Help getting birds out

do you think this will work on all pest. they recently reopened an abboned building in my area and every pest that was there seems to have come to my house. Rats mice squrrels everything.
smj4740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 12:43 PM   #6

Help getting birds out

I don't think rats care much about noise or people. I think it would only work with more shy type animals that naturally tun from humans anyway. But you could always try it and see? But even after you rid them you still have to seal everthing up. They may get used to it even if it works at first.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:06 PM   #7

Help getting birds out

Thanks for the info our squrrels perty savey bunch too but we going to try it and see also put in some of those supersonic pest things that suppose to drive them away.

smj4740 is offline   Reply With Quote