Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #1

Share |

Help

This is mostly a duplicate post. I tried to change my previous post to the following, but couldn't seem to change the title. Maybe it was a bad title. Here is what my other post said.
Back to edit. I asked the question below by describing the rough edge of the asphalt as the sand side. Also I used sand in the title. I guess I shouldn't have used the word sand in the title. No one responded. Probably it is not sand so no one knows what I am talking about.
I am trying to replace the roll roofing on the shed add.on to our house. The winds often gust to over 50 miles per hour. Recently the wind blew the sheet of asphalt off. I noticed this happened even though the previous owners had it nailed about every 2 inches.
So I bought rolls of new felt, new asphalt and aluminum drip edge and put the drip edge over the felt at the bottom along the gutter, but didn't put any drip edge along the shallow sloping edges yet. Along the edge I want to put the flat 4 inch side of the aluminum drip edge over top of the asphalt surface so as to help hold it down in the wind. I don't care that much about the look because it is just a shed add.on. But will the rain get under the drip edge this way or what? Will my proposed drip edge installation provide a path to the fascia? Would I just be better off putting tires along the edge of the roof to hold everything down?

Fun Value is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:26 PM   #2
RFN-4A-LVN

Help

Last edited by Roofmaster417; 04-14-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Roofmaster417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:30 PM   #3
RFN-4A-LVN

Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun Value View Post
Would I just be better off putting tires along the edge of the roof to hold everything down?
I would stick to the tires.I prefer a speed rated tire of 110 mph+.They work great on my 97 30th anniversary Z-28 that puts out 450hp.
Roofmaster417 is offline   Reply With Quote