Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-24-2012, 08:36 AM   #1

Share |

Gutter Hanger Manufacturer

Hello, can anyone tell me who makes hangers like these? I haven't been able to find them anywhere. Part of my house has them and part doesn't. I'm re-roofing the part that has a different style and I'd like to use these instead.

Thanks!

Old 08-25-2012, 05:14 PM   #2
Shut in w/o Home

http://www.classicgutters.com/Nehemiah/00000038.html

seeyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:18 AM   #3

You are the man!! Thanks a lot.

One more question:

What is the name of the gutters that use these type of hangers. We have standard K style gutters but the back has a bend to allow these hangers to hold them up.

When looking at big box stores, the back of all K style gutters are straight vertical with no bend. Plus they are the same height as the front so no extra material to add a bend with a break.

Knowing the name would be helpful when looking around or calling someone to do seamless so I can describe what I want.

Thanks again!
Old 04-23-2013, 04:10 PM   #4

Bump:

What is the name of the GUTTERS that use these type of hangers.They look like standard K style gutters but the back has a bend to allow these hangers to hold them up.

When looking at big box stores, the back of all K style gutters are straight vertical with no bend. Plus, the front and the back are the same height so there is no extra material to add a bend with a break.

Knowing the name would be helpful when looking around or calling someone to do seamless so I can describe what I want.

Thanks again!
Old 04-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #5
Lord of Slums

I have always called them half round. K with a bend in the back, not sure.
mj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:59 PM   #6
www.inspectorzo.com

Send a message via Skype™ to InspectorZo
Thumbs up

I love how every day I can and do learn something new. Very cool, Thanks!!!

InspectorZo

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeyou View Post
InspectorZo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #7

The gutters on our house use these hangers but they are k style (not half round). They have the bend on the back to accept the hangers.

We need new gutters and would like to get the same kind, these hangers are great due to their adjustability. Gutters attached directly to the fascia always seem to sag over time...
Old 04-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #8
Metal Roofing

As far i as know they support the majority of the weight of the gutter, except near down spouts where the DS is attached to the wall. It appears the gutter just hangs from these brackets vs the regular K style brackets that are fastened into the rafter tail through the fascia.

I am not a rod and nut type fan, but i am a nut

Never seen the rod and nut type hangers on a K style gutter though, must be a regional thing. Zo, you ever seen those on anything but a half round style here in Cal?
AndyWRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #9

Here is a photo of our gutter, you can see the bend on the left so it can be supported by the bracket:

Old 04-26-2013, 03:40 PM   #10
Roofmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantutopia View Post
You are the man!! Thanks a lot.

One more question:

What is the name of the gutters that use these type of hangers. We have standard K style gutters but the back has a bend to allow these hangers to hold them up.

When looking at big box stores, the back of all K style gutters are straight vertical with no bend. Plus they are the same height as the front so no extra material to add a bend with a break.

Thanks again!
This type of hanger is usually used with a half round gutter, not a K Style. By the way the "K" Comes from the letter given to the illustration in the SMACNA Manual.

jagans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:49 PM   #11

Have you ever seen a k style gutter with a bend like that?