Gutter Disaster After Constructor Install It - Roofing/Siding - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-09-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
ffp

Rewards Points: 10
Arrow

Gutter disaster after constructor install it

Hello

Last year I got new gutters and new roof. When I talk to a contractor and he said that new roof should be done first before the gutter installation. My roof was installed first. I did not like how they did ventilation on ridge so they reinstall it. When they install they miss some nails. (If some one would like to see images I will upload later)

Well back to original problem. I got constructor come over to install new gutters and leaf screen. When I comeback from home and inspect it. I found nails between gutters and fascia as well the drip edge was outside of the gutters so I got a sandwich. fascia+drip edge+nails+gutters. When I walk under gutters I can see light come through "fascia board and gutter (where gutter attached to fascia board)" The best way would be remove gutters and reinstall it properly so drip edge go inside of the gutter. I am not really good at DIY. I was thinking to use some sealer to seal gap between gutter and drip edge.

You can view photos here not really good way to show but better then nothing http://s569.photobucket.com/albums/ss135/ffp1/Gutters/

If some one can recommend something that would be great.

Advertisement

Last edited by ffp; 07-09-2012 at 11:22 AM. Reason: minor fixes
ffp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:02 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

what kind of sandwich did you get?

Advertisement

Tom Struble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:20 AM   #3
ffp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Struble View Post
what kind of sandwich did you get?
it's go like this to fascia board then drip edge or/and nails then gutter attached. Instead of to fascia board gutter installed then drip edge. (no nails between fascia board / gutters / drip edge)

Sorry for bad english due that I did not get used to all roofing words as I usualy do not use them.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:37 AM   #4

how is the gutter installed? do you see any screws in a bracket that can be removed?or do they look like long nails going thru the face of the gutter?
Old 07-09-2012, 01:21 PM   #5
ffp

It short nail look like they from old/new shingles. I will try remove one to make sure how they look.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:16 PM   #6

if your just trying to remove the nail thats caught between the back of the gutter and the fascia,try ''gently'' slipping a flat bar up between to give a little room for it to drop out

to get the gutter under the drip cap you may have to loosen or remove some fasteners holding the gutter,or you may be able to just pull it in position

Advertisement