DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

garage roof problem

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ERIK2173 
#1 ·
The roof on my gagrage and my house were installed at the same time aprox 8 yrs. ago, or so I was told when I bought the house. I don't have any trouble with the roof on the house but on one side of the garage there is a small gap between the end of the roof and the gutters. When it rains the rain water runs down the side of the garage instead of into the gutters. Is there an easy fix for this?
Thanks

#3 ·
Is the gutter coming away from the garage? or is it ummm....coming away from the garage? In either of these scenarios, you will need to re-attach the gutter to the garage. :D

#4 ·
Sorry about being unclear, but no it's not the gable end, but yes it does appear that the gutters are coming away from the garage, but not alot, there is about an 1/8 to 1/4 inch gap between the lowest shingle and the side of the gutters. I think the big problem is the fact that there is no drip edge to lead the water into the gutters. I've never done any roofing, but I don't have any problem doing it, but it seems installing a drip edge would be the way to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.