just wanted to share a few pics.
have no before shots or anything, sorry.
stripped the c himney side completely, lots of rot around the chimney and a few pieces up the rakes where there were overhanging branches. patched in a bunch of new t&g.
grace ice and water around the chimney, about 4 layers.
step flashing all around, then counter flashing chinked into the mortar. this took awhile and was pretty intimidating but i think i pulled it off well (it doesn't leak).
i bent all the copper by hand and with a hammer and various pieces of wood.
i rebuilt the cricket, then covered it with essentially two enormous pieces of step flashing extending up the roof deck.
i think i should probably just shingle over this area...
here she is:
a nice straight ridge: