Gap Between Roof And Gutter - Roofing/Siding - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-17-2012, 10:32 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Gap between roof and gutter

I have a gap between my roof and gutter. I am worried that mice/snakes may enter in this area (and probably have for years). I had a pest control company do an inspection and their recommendation was for a metal guard to be drilled into the gutter/roof. The cost was in excess of $1800. Is anyone aware of a cheaper solution that I could perform on my own? Would a foam sealant work? I think the gap is only an inch wide (max). If foam is not a good idea does anyone know the names of the metal/another product I could get at home depot or lowes to do the job? My house is a ranch style and the roof is 87 feet from end to end.

Thanks for the help!

Matthew

Advertisement

WestMeademan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 664

Post a picture.

Advertisement

joecaption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:46 AM   #3

I can do that, but it will be later tonight when I am home from work.
WestMeademan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:43 AM   #4

It is really a risky thing to leave a gap like this. You could use various techniques like seal the crack, tuck-pointing, expandable caulking, or other standard repair techniques to fill the gap and prevent mice/snakes form entering the house.
kiarajeckson is offline   Reply With Quote