Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #1

Share |

Gable Vents Replacement

Hello All,

Going to replace my 25 year old Gable vents this weekend. Going to go with the Masterflow 1600cfm PG3 here: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Master-Fl...6#BVRRWidgetID
Same size dimensions as the old Broan ones there now. I still have the paperwork from the Broan ones from 25 years ago if you can believe it.

Anyone make a good recommendation to minimize vibration down the walls? Maybe I need to make a change to the way I mount it or put something in between the brackets and the plywood there now? Rubber, plastic or a 3/4" piece of strapping? Or maybe the ones there now are just so old that a bearing is out of whack causing the vibration??

Any thoughts recommendations welcomed.

Thank You,

~S

Skelleyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:55 AM   #2

Gable Vents Replacement

Why not just install a ridge cap on the roof and get rid of any vibration, no power used, vents the whole roof not just one end of it.