Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding


Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #1
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1
Rewards Points: 10

Gable-end drip-edge when fascia has molding at top?

Folks, I'm a novice DIY'er replacing the roof on my shed and want to match the house. From what I've read most articles say to install drip edge on all all four edges, but my house does not have any flashing on the gable ends due to the fascia having molding at the top.

Is there another technique to keep rain from penetrating under the shingles on the gable ends? If not, should I match the house anyway and assume it's no big deal?



MattyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:25 PM   #2
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hartfield VA
Posts: 27,518
Rewards Points: 4,152

Gable-end drip-edge when fascia has molding at top?

Not sure how anyone could suggect how to do it with at least a picture of what you have.

joecaption is offline   Reply With Quote

drip edge, facsia, shingles

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Drip Edge Leak -- Bad installation? Something else? t60 Roofing/Siding 24 03-27-2012 06:28 PM
Using vented drip edge (ever-flo inhaler)? philipluckey Roofing/Siding 6 02-04-2012 01:03 PM
roof drip edge billygale Roofing/Siding 9 10-24-2010 03:19 PM
Install gutter apron or D style drip edge on existing roof? sophie10 Roofing/Siding 4 10-24-2010 02:18 PM
fascia and drip edge glassman General DIY Discussions 3 10-02-2006 07:39 PM

Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.