DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Roofing/Siding (
-   -   flat roof question (

sflamedic 04-21-2008 04:35 PM

flat roof question
I had my concrete tile roof cleaned and painted recently and the painter told me that the seam between the flat roof over the porch and the pitched roof needs to be fixed soon. He said i need to "bull" it and laydown fiberglass mesh that he gave me and then another coat of "bull." Well i went to home depot and of course no product called bull. They have a product called leak stopper rubberized roof patch. Is that the same stuff? was he correct on the way to fix this? It oesnt leak but he said that it needs to be fixed so it wont. Thanks

Ed the Roofer 04-21-2008 05:27 PM

Some guys call it Bull, since it is a Bull Chit way to permanently patch a flat roof, but it can be done to last a long time if done correctly.

It is also called Dope, Black-Jack, Plastic Roofing Cement and Buckets of Roofing Tar, but it is all the same.

In my region, we call the plastic roofing cement, Dope, and the mesh fabric, Minnie. To each their own.

Here are some instructions on how to do a Dope and Minnie patch.

For further installation instructions, do a search under my user name and search posts, not threads, for the term; Dope and Minnie.


sflamedic 04-21-2008 06:00 PM

Thanks for the help. I will definately do a search and read up some more on it.:thumbsup:

ncgrogan 04-27-2008 11:14 AM

I was in indiana once for a seminar and they called it pookie :laughing:

jayman931 04-28-2008 11:41 PM

yup...i pookie is a term I have

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:25 PM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1