Flashing Question Where Eavestrough Meets Stucco Wall? - Roofing/Siding - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-24-2009, 03:19 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Flashing question where eavestrough meets stucco wall?

I have a few areas on my house where an eavestrough meets a stucco wall and there needs to be flashing installed (as you can see water marks running down the side of the wall). Currently the stucco is only the scratch coat. My question is, to install this flashing, will sections of the scratch coat need to be chipped away to have the flashing installed? Then repair the scratch coat area and final stucco coat? Or can you install the flashing over the current scratch coat and final stucco overtop?

I was thinking on getting whomever i hire to do the final stucco coat, to install the flashing, but it looks like the final coat won't get done until spring. Not sure if its a good idea to leave it like this over the winter. Just want to make sure these areas are repaired correctly (and if there's anything I can get done in time for winter) so any thoughts or info on this will help.

Advertisement

chadurban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:35 PM   #2
Chicago, IL

Rewards Points: 500

chadurban

Scroll down to the "Stucco" section here: A Visual Guide To Understanding Kick Out Flashing / Paragon Leak Detection Chicago Buffalo Grove Morton Grove Glenview Skokie Evanston Illnois

Advertisement

Home Inspections, Infrared (Thermal Imaging) Leak Identification and Inspection Services, Roof, Attic, Building, Basement and Foundation Moisture Intrusion and Water Leak Inspections, Troubled Building Consultations - Serving Chicago and Suburbs http://paragoninspects.com/
Michael Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:29 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

all that, and i still can't tell the right way to put it up. i have a house that is already done and has no kick out flashing. what do i do the stucco is up and the house is like 20yrs old?
booboo313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:42 PM   #4
Chicago, IL

Rewards Points: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by booboo313 View Post
all that, and i still can't tell the right way to put it up. i have a house that is already done and has no kick out flashing. what do i do the stucco is up and the house is like 20yrs old?
The best way to do it is to have someone install a correct kick out flashing behind the stucco and the flashing at the roof/dormer/chimney/whatever to roof junction. Depending on the contractor, you may need both a roofer and a stucco contractor.
Home Inspections, Infrared (Thermal Imaging) Leak Identification and Inspection Services, Roof, Attic, Building, Basement and Foundation Moisture Intrusion and Water Leak Inspections, Troubled Building Consultations - Serving Chicago and Suburbs http://paragoninspects.com/
Michael Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote