Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-30-2008, 03:06 PM   #1

Share |
Question

Fascia problem

My house is 4 years old and I begin to see a discoloration on the wall which I thought came from a leak. I hired an expert which confirm my suspicion that the water is dripping from the fascia and slowly going to the soffit and finally to the wall. This is the area of the house where there is no gutter present. I would like to know what is the best option for resolving this problem. If we put a gutter, this is very unsightly. I have attach a picture to describe the problem.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Fascia problem.pdf (60.7 KB, 68 views)

esancajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:19 PM   #2

Fascia problem

Guttering has nothing to do with it and won't help. There is some detail in the roofing that was done improperly: could be the drip edge, flashing, or shingles themselves. If it happens only in heavy rain it could even be that your fascia doesn't extend below the soffit so water runs under instead of dripping off.

You paid an expert and he came up with gutters? Ask for your money back. Post some detailed pics.

jogr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:59 PM   #3
Pro Slate Roofer

Fascia problem

Yep. Roof problem.
tinner666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:49 PM   #4

Fascia problem

You might be missing the Roof-To-Wall Apron flashing at the bottom of the siding at that point.

Can you get an actual photo of that ribbon roof area where it meets the siding and overhangs past the fascia?

Ed
Ed the Roofer is offline   Reply With Quote