DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Roofing/Siding (
-   -   "F" type Drip edge & felt overhang (

caybound 11-01-2009 07:04 AM

"F" type Drip edge & felt overhang
Getting ready to install roofing on new build, using "F" type vinyl drip edge on hip roof. Specs call for 3/4" overhang of DE for felt & shingles, but isn't that for "L" type drip edge? Do we just go flush to the outer edge of the DE (with felt & shingles) for the "F" type that already has an overhang "built in"?
Many Thanks

caybound 11-03-2009 07:27 AM

Any ideas?

caybound 11-07-2009 06:55 AM

No one has used F drip edge?

tinner666 11-07-2009 07:38 AM

Never used the F before. No matter what you're using, overhang it an inch, at least. Unless you like the water wicking under the roof.

tinner666 11-07-2009 07:42 AM

2 Attachment(s)
There is a drip edge under the slate.
Shingle without dripedge.

tinner666 11-07-2009 07:44 AM

Do note the nailing pattern on the 3-tab shingle along the rake.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.