Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-24-2009, 04:01 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 150

Estimates on roof cost in southern California?

I am trying to figure out how much to expect to pay when I decide to put new roofing. The house is 1650 sqft and 2 car detached garage, single story. The roof angle is no more the 40 deg. I am interested in a decent roof which would be the most for the money. I can not afford top of the line roofing. The house already seems to have 3 layers and may require plywood. The roof is not leaking but its reaching the end of its useful life, maybe 2 to 4 more years.

I got one estimate at $12,000. This includes the removal of old roof shingles, plywood installation and new shingles (30 year rated). Does this sound resonable?. I have other priorities in the house but would like to know what to expect to start saving.

gante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:10 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Estimates on roof cost in southern California?

Since this is a DIY site, we strongly discourage members from posting questions regarding the price of contractors' services, and we strongly discourage people from answering such questions with cost figures (guesstimates).

You should seek four or five contractors' estimates to ensure that you're getting treated fairly for your job's specifics and the local marketplace.

Termite is offline   Reply With Quote